I have just been through this

on Friday

Hi all i have just recently become very ill again and can no longer work.
So i applied for the benifits as you do.
This is a horrible task, well it was for me
First i recived a letter saying i need to attend a medical, everyone on the sick does from now on, ok fair play but it was 25 miles away in ipswich as i live in suffolk
So i got a lift there then had to walk strugling as i suffer from ME & Fibromyalgia
I took half hour to go about 600yrds. so i go in then have to wait 3 quarters of an hour
feeling like shit before im seen. By the time i go in im exhausted and in pain.
Good thing is the doc could clearly see this and he was very helpfull, he explained what was going on etc.
After about 30 mins it was all over he said we would here from the benifits people.
Sure enough within a few days i got my letter, saying that i was placed in the work related group but with limeted capacity for work, basically means im unfit for work but i have to attend a support group every now and then to see how my illness is effecting me .lol as if im gona recover.
Anyway thats fair enough, what a relief. but no then i get another letter saying i need to see another doctor as part of my work related support so he can tell my support advisor what i can and cant do. what crap is that, gess what i got to go all the way to ipswich again, how fn inconvenient is that, why the first doc couldnt decide that is beyond me and also i find it a wast of time and mony.
The goverment wants to save mony buy geting the sick back to work but at the same time wants to waste it on another doctor lol.
To me this is mad. anyhow i will let you know how the appointment went as its next week.

0 comments: